[GEM Development] Raspberry-Pi Computer Details

Thomas Clayton topcatdrc at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 10:54:45 PDT 2012

GREATLY surprised at the quick and numerous responses to my little notice!

Pardon me, as someone on the other side of "the pond", could explain WHO R.S. is  - and Farnell?

(Apparently the latter should be addressed as "infernal Farnell"?)

IF R.S. is the maker, pardon my ignorance. (YES! I really CAN read - just didn't bother to - yet.) Farnell, a package delivery service?, like UPS and FedEx in the USA?

Lastly, there is a multi-pin header on the board. For WHAT is it there to do?
Thanks In Advance.

Now, more interestingly to me, there HAD BEEN (beginning development to a "desktop" window system; NO app.s) a version of GEOS specifically for the ARM processor ('of the day') back in the late 1990's. (Nokia PIM? device was (did?) to run this.) I have NO idea whether the code still exists NOR who has "rights" to it. I don't know IF a "DOS" was built-in or whether everything was in ROM. This subject is more appropriate for the Yahoo! GEOS-Talk list but I thought I'd mention it.

Thomas Clayton