[GEM Development] Linux, video1394, pix_video question

ben chang bchang at artic.edu
Tue Oct 28 23:06:53 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to use a firewire capture box (the excitingly named Hollywood Dazzle)
with pix_video.  The device works with Kino, so that's promising.  But pix_video
just gives me a white screen, and I get this error:

"get capabilities: Invalid argument"

in general, should this work?  I read some older posts on this list about
firewire capture on linux, but I couldn't get a sense of how solved it is ...
plus that's such a moving target in the kernel anyway!

I'm using pd extended 0.40.3 on ubuntu 8.04.

thanks,

--Ben