[GEM Development] GEM.BAT fails with ChDir under FreeDOS

John Hupp opengem at prpcompany.com
Tue Sep 26 19:14:22 PDT 2006

To eliminate the more extreme circumstance: we're not talking about starting
from a current directory on another drive (e.g. D:).  It would be like
starting from C:\STUFF\FILES\OTHER.  And the PATH mechanism seems to work,
since it finds C:\GEM.BAT and begins executing that.  But then from within
the batch file it fails when it tries to execute CD \GEMAPPS\GEMSYS.

I do believe that command worked OK in GEM.BAT in past versions of GEM
(except for FreeDOS demanding a space before the path), so perhaps it is a
FreeDOS problem.

I have posted the problem in their user mail-list as well.