[GEM Development] More driver updates

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 31 15:49:58 PST 2006

> I take it this is a last-minute entry in the gem-dev "understatement of the
> year" contest?  :)

  Well, at least now I've got the copyright date in a separate include file
so I won't have to edit each and every driver in about, ooh, ten minutes or
so.

> I shall have to take an in-depth look at your reconstructed source at some
> point (i.e. when I'm not sitting at the girlfriend's kitchen table waiting
> for the chimes); it'll be interesting to see if they'd provide a decent
> basis for a project I've been contemplating (and discussing on-and-off
> with Rob Mitchelmore.) Knowing your previous work I suspect it'll be
> easier to follow than the DRI source I've looked at before!

  I did the driver source like this (all ASM, rather than ASM and C) so it
would be possible to *build* it - LC doesn't seem very inclined to work on
my machine. I think I had it working in VMWare when I was building the
GEM/XM AES, but when I tried it this time LINK-86 refused to accept the
files that LC was outputting.
  I understand GEM driver internals a lot better than I did, but that's just
from taking so many of them to pieces and putting them back together. And I
don't know how long the knowledge will stay with me.

--
John Elliott