[GEM Development] Test (No December monthly notice!)

Thomas Clayton topcatdrc at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 17:50:03 PST 2006

Dear Peter:

I have to admit I sort of 'wasted' August thru September - in terms of
going through things here. The weather and outside world were just SO
much MORE inviting than staying inside and sorting things! So, as you'd
guess my sisters had plans to move things around in the house during
October - which they did! I had just 'gotten into' (like a rythum(sp))
going thru my papers and such; and had to set that all aside while
furniture was re-arranged. Now, that THAT has occurred, I WISH it had
been done earlier, BEFORE the Summer because it opened up access to
boxes that were buried behind others and furniture. Since Nov. began
I've gotten a good five cubic yards (~cubic metres) of such paper and
the like OUT. (Have to look out for various personal references
'buried' within those piles. THEY go into the box destined for the
shredder!) There IS a LOT (volume) of software and books still to go
thru. Still have the DR: DOS, GEM; Qd: QEMM and DesqView; and
associated books Sw. Plus The OS/2-OS/3 Sw and books, and, oh, Netware
that I still have trouble believing I got hold of and NEVER ran! (Some
of that REQUIRES the Y2K (3.x-->3.2 and 4.x-->4.2) updates (which I've
never seen) to be useful NOW.

Things have gotten kinda quiet here this last week - which is VERY good
- since Christmas is near and I'd LIKE to get in the mood BEFORE it
arrives! (The week before one of my sisters hired a house inspector and
he had a look and gave us a written report. My other sister used her
special vacuum to TRY and clean some of Mom's old stains up - partial
success.)

'nough for now,

Thomas Clayton

Actually typing AT home (instead of the local library) for a change.
(After all, I pay FOR dial-up. I might as well USE it!)

--- Peter Green <pspete1 at pnc.com.au> wrote:

---------------------------------
  G'day, Thomas!

Perhaps you and I are the only ones left.

How are things going with all the house sorting and such? I guess
youand the family are not looking forward to your happiest
Christmasseason.

To any GEM people still around, I hope your Christmas/ holiday
planningis going well.

I was thinking... how far back does the GEM group go? I think I've
beeninvolved since 1998 or 1999, but could be wrong. It's been a
while...

Cheers,

Peter

Thomas Clayton wrote:
Testing to see IF my address IS OK.I haven't gotten the monthly notice
for Dec.!