[GEM Development] Test (No December monthly notice!)

Ben A L Jemmett ben.jemmett at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Dec 11 09:28:01 PST 2006

> I was thinking... how far back does the GEM group go? I think
> I've been involved since 1998 or 1999, but could be wrong. It's
> been a while...

Early 1999 is about right, I think; the gem-dev list at egroups was started
on May 5th, 1999 according to my membership details there.  Speaking of
which, I notice that it hasn't been receiving messages from the modern
incarnation of the list since September 2003, and nobody can get to it
anyway thanks to a rather rash settings change by yours truly.  Blast.

Anyway, the earliest release I can find of my Desktop hacking was May 22nd,
although I had apparently made at least one release a few days before that.
Unfortunately the very early discussions took place on an OpenDOS list, I
suspect opendos at rim.caldera.com (if I'm remembering that address correctly
after so many years!); I doubt much survives of that.

Nice to see some activity on the list, at any rate.  The downside of these
irregular roll calls is that they usually prompt me to disappear off and
tinker with one of my abandoned GEM projects for a while; last time I even
started a new one that turned out to be a non-starter!

Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
(http://web.ukonline.co.uk/ben.jemmett/, http://www.deltasoft.com/)