[GEM Development] The OpenGEM Interviews

Peter Green pspete1 at pnc.com.au
Sun Sep 18 20:53:42 PDT 2005

G'day!

Counterpoint looks possible, but remember that it was probably a 2
minute exposure while stopping for a bite while travelling west about 8
years ago...

Thanks for the link and suggestion, though.

John Elliott wrote:

>  Counterpoint, perhaps. It came with the 5086 and probably other PCs of
>that generation as well. Did it look like this?
>
>  <http://www.seasip.info/Misc/counterpoint.png>
>
>: I think that Alan Sugar deserves more credit than he got for bridging
>: the gap between hobbyist projects and consumer products.
>
>  As I have been known to point out when persons on Usenet try to award all
>the credit to Bill Gates.

I'm pleased that A.S. hasn't been forgotten, then. I hadn't put that
together before, but I had long had the impression that he had been a
lot more important than he was given credit for. There's been a tendency
to be dismissive of his achievements -- he sort of suffered from the
ABBA effect.

Peter