[GEM Development] Talking of interesting screenshots...

John Elliott jce at seasip.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 13 15:16:23 PST 2005

[ABC series]
: /Some/ certainly existed. I was *using* one at the Retro Gaming Show in=20
: Croydon late last summer! It was the dumb-terminal version: 2 6502s & a=20
: terminal emulator in ROM. It had no namebadge or anything so it could=20
: have been a prototype. I think a limited number did make it into=20
: production but that it was canned by Olivetti. There's a site about=20
: obscure Acorn hardware somewhere with pictures of the press ads for the=20
: ABC series and so on.

<http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/retrotech/abc.htm>
<http://homepage.ntlworld.com/christopher.whytehead/ABC.html>

: The multitasking DR OSs for 8086 & 80286 were
: Concurrent CP/M, weren't they? Did ANSI-level DOS compatibility but not
: BIOS-level or hardware-level.

<http://www.lesbell.com.au/Home.nsf/web/CP%2FM+and+Derivatives?OpenDocument>

  It was Concurrent CP/M up to 3.1, then became Concurrent DOS, then
Concurrent DOS XM, then Concurrent DOS 386.

  Getting back briefly to the subject of this thread, I've now added
screenshots of GEM/XM to my screenshot page; and, in the process, found out
why you can't copy/paste text between DOS and GEM apps unless GEM/XM is
installed on drive C:.

--
------------- http://www.seasip.demon.co.uk/index.html --------------------
John Elliott           |BLOODNOK: "But why have you got such a long face?"