[GEM Development] Talking of interesting screenshots...

Dostal, Chris E. Chris.Dostal at au.unisys.com
Mon Mar 7 12:40:40 PST 2005

<snip>ISTR they wrote the driver for Amstrad's 16-colour CGA, and of
course they provided DOS Plus to several OEMs and GEMDOS to
Atari.</snip>

Ben,

If it's the amstrad (semi-pc compatible) keyboard based machine (i think
it was a 7xx series) which was blue in color and had a 3.5in FDD on the
right hand side, it actually contained a very interesting graphics
controller.

I remember it running GEM - it appeared to be rom based, and was
actually in EGA mode which had 16 colors at one time, out of a possible
64 (i think?). I remember california games on it, managed to use more -
but I could be wrong.

Cheers,
Chris.