[GEM Development] So... how is everyone?

Peter Green pspete1 at pnc.com.au
Sat Feb 12 00:44:16 PST 2005

G'day, Owen & all!

I have to confess that I've drifted away from the GEM world somewhat --
though an undocumented computer at work might get the freedos/GEM
treatment in the next week or two, just so I can find out if it is worth
hanging onto. (The other solution is to get the Dremel tool onto the
security-locked case.)

Uni already, Owen? It seems only last year that you were around the
middle of High School. What do you plan to study?

My news is that I'm about to become a grandfather again -- twice. James
(grandson 1) will be joined by a little cousin mid March and a new
sibling at the end of April. My wife and I won't be over to England
until about the end of May, though -- by which time Miss Sidcup 2005 (if
it's a girl) will be about 2-1/2 months old. Both daughters have also
moved to their own flats, so it's just my wife, myself and the Monster
Dog (a shih-tzu -- one of those "toilet brush without a handle" kinds of
dog.)

And I've been handling our office's IT site support since late last
year. I was asked to do it on a temporary basis, so I don't know whether
it will continue; but I've been taking the chance to get some order into
the chaos. Records have been very sketchily kept, and there is no system
of logging requests for support, so I think I can keep myself out of
mischief for a few more months until I get everything sorted out --
unless they decide to replace me.

Other than that, as I say when asked about my health, "I'm still vertical!"

How about the rest of us? Armand? Liam? Ben? etc...

Peter