[GEM Development] John's desktop (feature request)

Michael Bernstein pcgem at mbernstein.de
Thu Aug 25 22:07:44 PDT 2005

Hi,

> I want users to be able to doubleclick .TXT, .INI, .NFO, .ME and .BAT
> files, and for OpenGEM Desktop to automatically show the contents
> without calling another application.

Why should a filemanager have knowledge about the contents of a file?
This is the same bad idea which MS had. And every user had his own
idea which files should be displayed. This will increase the number of
filetypes teh Desktop should know.

> This would increase the utility of the desktop for quickly checking
> some file types,

And how about writeing a fileviewer which can expanded with modules for
new file types?

Regards
Michael