[GEM Development] [Fwd: Re: Bugs (or things that could be fixed)inOpenGEM 4]

Ben A L Jemmett ben.jemmett at ukonline.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 16:40:50 PDT 2005

> Is there anyway to make that SEND TO menu dynamic?  So that it lists the
> applications existing on the system?

It could probably be done, but not very nicely -- it had a fixed number of
slots.  Personally I preferred to use the Applications window to start apps;
the Send To was quite handy for files that you might want to open in several
different apps (e.g. a .C file might be opened in either a text editor or
run through a compiler at different times).

> what would be possibility be of importing the drive auto-detection Ben
> had on his desktop?

Originally I think I probably pinched some of that from either ViewMAX/3 or
possibly the AES (I forget exactly how the AES determines the list of drives
to show at the top level of the item selector).  I later extended it
slightly to talk to MSCDEX so it could recognise CD-ROM drives as such
rather than generic network drives.

Regards,
Ben A L Jemmett.
(http://web.ukonline.co.uk/ben.jemmett/, http://www.deltasoft.com/)