[GEM Development] [Fwd: Question and Bug?]

Shane M. Coughlan shane_coughlan at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:09:32 PDT 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Question and Bug?
Date: 	Wed, 03 Aug 2005 20:11:49 +0200
From: 	Thorsten Franke <apas at gmx.de>
To: 	Shane M. Coughlan <shane at shaneland.co.uk>

Hi!!

In addition to my question in the last mail about programming references,
are there any free sources to "User Manuals" for GEM. After using GEM the
last time nearly 10 years ago I encounter some problems in using it.

Another, let't say, strange behavior caught my eye: When I turn the "Sound
Effects" ON in the Options->Preferences Menu, the change is not saved. When
I go back to the Menu the option is turned of again.
Oh, and something else: the Application Settings.app only replies: "This
version of GEM does not have any user-settable options." Is that right?

Meanwhile I have installed GEM on a Win98 Pent166 system and the
"bug"  about not finding the UNZIP tool when installing the Update does not
occur... Strange thing...

Greetings
                Thorsten

PS: Please excuse my bad English, but English is not my mother tongue.

--
eMail: apas at gmx.de / http://www.cybermagick.de / ICQ#49933812 / "PGP Public
Key" on request