[GEM Development] G'day Peter (plus) GEM Idea for UIQ? Anyone?

Peter Green pspete1 at pnc.com.au
Mon Nov 1 21:45:51 PST 2004

G'day, Chris and all!

(1) Anglesea: stopped there for a bite to eat and to "check the
plumbing": a nice place, with a good view of the coast from the lookout.
It was a bright, cloudless day, and the photos were good.

(2) Portland: very pretty! One of my daughters' friends lives there now,
so we were to check out the place. Also checked the plumbing and had
toasted sandwiches or such at a hamburger joint not far from the Op shop
(we've got to check the op shops!)

(3) GO Rd... a great trip -- loved it! Saw the turn off to Jan Juc, but
didn't see Bacchus Marsh. I expect the Retsina would be good there, though!

(4) Photos: didn't post them anywhere. I took arounud 2 500, and am
still... well, I'm not actually sorting them, as I keep feeling defeated
by the size of the task each time I look at the \tastrip directory. Very
soon now, though. I'll probably make a subdirectory on the
atsilverstreet.com site, but I'll let you know when that is up.

(5) GEM on mobile phones: now that sounds as though it might have some
potential, though I'm wondering what you would do with a phone so
equipped. I have visions of typesetting War and Peace in PagePlus on my
Nokia 3350 or whatever it is. Not an enticing prospect. One of those
cute little folding keyboards might make a lot of difference. Is your
phone CDMA or GSM? I was horrified by the lack of Optus GSM cover for
most of my trip.

Thanks for the response, Chris. I'll check your photos later tonight.
Work tomorrow, for the first time in over a month :-(.

We're back to Pommieland in May, too. Grandchild #2 is due somewhere in
the Sidcup area mid March (First for Luke and Viv) and Grandchild #3 is
due in Carlton, NSW late April, so we'll see #3 in and then head for
Heathrow. Heavy saving from now on.

Peter