[GEM Development] G'day Peter (plus) GEM Idea for UIQ? Anyone?

Dostal, Chris E. Chris.Dostal at au.unisys.com
Mon Nov 1 17:00:30 PST 2004

G'day Peter!

The "Great Ocean Road" is one of my favourite stretches of road!
I used to live in a place called Bacchus Marsh, which was half way
between Melbourne and Ballarat.. it had a road that joined onto the
ocean road.. I used to tear off down there over summers and surf my time
away at a place called Anglesea.. and Jan Juc (a little distance from
off the road, but still!!).

Had I have known you were heading out that way, I would've suggested a
"very good" hamburger joint in Portland! .. spent many a recovery
mornings there trying to sober up for a drive home!!

Sounds like you had a ball.. got a photo log happening?? If so be sure
to mail us a link :D

I even have some shots up too of my (ages ago) adventures around Great
Ocean Road ..
Its at http://4am.org/photos

--------------------------
Well there is some gem related talk to do with this mail too...

I have a Motorola A920 (yes one of those three jobbies).. it runs OPL
runtime and Symbian UIQ.. I was wondering, has anyone thought to porting
GEM to this device as a "runtime".. I reckon it could work nicely.

The A920 utilises a low-res VGA style display, im sure its emulatable..
dam someone even got doom ported (haha its a good bit of fun!).. If it
runs on the A920, good news is it'll work on the Px00 S.E phones too :)

I dunno.. was a thought, any takers?

Cheers,

Chris Dostal
GIS Database Administrator