[GEM Development] DayDream (was NextGem..)

Dostal, Chris E. chris.dostal at au.unisys.com
Thu Sep 25 14:18:37 PDT 2003

Quietly, was thinking the same.
How about integrating a GEM desktop into FreeDOS.
Or perhaps start the execution of Gem32?
I'm not exactly sure how to explain it, but I know what I'm thinking..

If you want to use liunx, perhaps you could make a tightwound linux with 386 options.
You'd use X and a GEM/WM (which would look similar to the latest TOS).
Then you could make a WINE style API-Hook and run multi-threaded GEM apps.

(I have no low level knowledge of DOS or Linux, but im sure you pro's can round off the edges, or tell me im wrong)

I reckon it'd also be tops to get a GEM-VM like a java VM.
Nice and easy to port I'd say..

Just some daydreaming..