[GEM Development] My previous e-mail...

Rev Peter R Green pspete1 at pnc.com.au
Tue Oct 7 21:40:18 PDT 2003

G'day, all!

After Davey's recent message about keeping GEM going for fun if everyone
else abandoned it, I wrote to praise his passion and offering of a
worthwhile rationale for continuing. My intention had been to pass those
remarks on to the GEM group as well, but I only put his in the address
area... better lay off the grog, I guess.

I have been seeing a failure of group dynamics among us for some time.
Our tendency to flap around and spend so much time off topic is a common
symptom of group which no longer has a reason for existence.

I appreciated Davey's comments, because that is the kind of passion
which can help a group rediscover its way forward. I enjoy GEM-dev, but
my limited understanding of programming suggests to me that GEM as it is
hasn't far to go. Davey's suggestion seems to support the old saying,
"If it can't go up, maybe it has to go sideways."

Anyway, here's hoping that we have just received an injection of new life.

Peter