[diy-cockpit] Instrument panel source and throttle ideas

Gene Buckle geneb at deltasoft.com
Fri May 21 06:42:30 PDT 2010

On Fri, 21 May 2010, Mikael Poussa wrote:

> Gentlemen,
>
> check this out as a instrument panel 'master' source:
>
> http://www.aerocockpit.com/ready-made-panels/
>
> I'm building a ME109 simpit, though from a simpler set of drawings than
> Gene's.
>
> I've ordered a 1/4 scale instrument panel kit from these guys in the
> Czech republic which I will scale up to fit my 'pit.  The plan is to
> have a second screen in it running UDP gauges for the sim.

Now THAT is a neat idea!  Kinda spendy for a template, but useful none the
less.

> Has anyone had any luck finding a suitable lever or something that can
> be mounted neatly on a cockpit sidewall as a throttle?  I've seen some
> boat throttle levers which look useful, nice long bowden cable to remote
> the throttle pot with too, but they are expensive!

Something like this:
http://www.simpits.org/geneb/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/wheels4.jpg

Note that the "current" version of my quadrant is thinner by one lever - I
removed the propeller pitch arm.

Here's a picture of the "new" quadrant:
http://www.simpits.org/geneb/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/new_quadrant.jpg