[simpits-tech] F-15C project relaunch!

Michi Hirczy mi.hi at gmx.net
Mon Jan 30 10:17:33 PST 2023

On 1/30/23 16:01, geneb wrote:
> Yep.  Nothing makes you learn a skill faster than the combination of a
> pressing need and the lack of funds to get someone else to do it. :D

:D Totally..

Although this weekend something new happened to me.
Since I usually totally work alone, and I really wanted to finish my alu
positioning plates for the welding job, my 9year old daughter got bored
on Saturday, paying me a visit in the shop, asking it she could also
work on stuff.
So, for 2 hours, she(we) drilled (with the milling mill and DRO),
managed to get the distance points correct, deburred all the parts
afterwards and finally screwed them together.
It really was a fun time and she even got to learn other things, too -
like how tiiiiiiny five thousands of a mm are (the DRO's resolution).

> Ha!  I'd completely forgotten about Fred (a stair). :D

Since the first time I read that pun on your blog it kept popping up in
my head regurarily. I laughed so loud that moment, I'll never forget it!
:-D

> The access platforms are both "new".  When I moved to my current
> residence in 2006, I had a steel box beam frame built for the cockpit.
> That raised it quite a bit in comparison to where it was on the wooden
> 4x4 frame.

I see, that totally makes sense!

> One of my projects is to add storage drawers to them so I
> can keep all the F-15 parts closer to where I need them. :)

nice idea!! an since we know, no matter how big your workshop, it's
never big enough, that could save quite a lot of space.

> Unfortunately, 30" drawer slides are just insanely priced, so I'm going
> to have to make my own. Tons cheaper, but takes more time.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, project #35628 on the list.
welome to the club ;-)

m.