[simpits-tech] Sourcing SP3T 90 deg index switch for Cessna 172 cockpit

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Thu Jan 9 07:48:46 PST 2020

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020, JOHN POWELL wrote:

> This got me interested in fuel selectors because I'm easily distracted
> and I recently bought a 3D printer. I've posted a couple of pictures of
> version 3 on mikesflightdeck.com. It makes use of cheap snap action
> limit switches. If there's any interest I can send the STL files.

You've been busy! :)

The stuff you've been working on looks great!

Here's a tip - if you enable Ironing in Cura, it will give you a very
smooth surface on the top layer of the fuel selector panel.  With a smooth
surface you can use a white (or whatever color) paint pen to color the top
surface of the lettering.  It'll save you having to swap filament and it
looks pretty good.

BTW, I've recently cleaned off my electronics bench in my office and found
my stash of 6mm stepper motors.  Remind me the next time you stop by and
I'll send some home with you.