[simpits-tech] Lunar sim

Brian Sikkema Brian at sikkema.us
Sun Feb 9 21:50:50 PST 2020

I revised my design a bit further, and debuted it today:

https://youtu.be/CklylwVYnGI

Instead of using a regular joystick, I bought a bigger project box and an arcade joystick and combined it all into one unit.

I have a TV mirroring my laptop display, with a foam-core board attached to the front. I cut a LM window into it and glued on some paper printouts of the actual LM control panels on there for looks, but the real purpose is to hide the data readout in the bottom left corner. It's the job of the "LM pilot" using the laptop to read that data out to the "Commander" who is flying the simulator. Just like real life!

At some point hopefully in the near future I will be doing a whole write-up including parts list and software setup.

Brian