[simpits-tech] Quarantine project

Brian Sikkema Brian at sikkema.us
Fri Apr 10 10:49:55 PDT 2020

Cost and ease of construction. I was able to get the joystick, buttons and controller board all together for just over 20 bucks. With the rest of the odds and ends I'm probably in the ballpark of 50-75 total.

And I realized that in Orbiter and KSP, I have been using just keyboard commands for translation up to this point and it's been just fine, so I didn't need anything fancier than that.

Also, I haven't let on yet, but... I'm actually starting work on a YouTube channel aimed at STEM educators and Civil Air Patrol AE instructors. So I wanted to make this easy for anyone with no experience with such things to build.