[simpits-tech] Quick and dirty switch build

Brian Sikkema Brian at sikkema.us
Fri Dec 27 16:46:39 PST 2019

Ok gents, I need some help.

I won't bore you with the background details, short story is I need to build a very basic control, quickly, cheaply and hopefully very simply.

All I need is a 3 position toggle switch, which I can connect to a computer and will register a key press when it is moved to the left or right (don't need anything for center).

So you move the switch left or right, it registers a key press. Back to center, nothing.

Thoughts on the best way to accomplish this?