[simpits-tech] Gear VR Space Sim footage

Brian Sikkema brian at sikkema.us
Fri Jan 26 22:23:25 PST 2018

On 1/23/2018 1:54 AM, geneb wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2018, Brian Sikkema wrote:
>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_usIC2Nkpo
>>
>> Now with more cowbell! Er.. Cockpit. More cockpit, I mean. I started
>> modeling the interior now. The video does not do it justice, but when
>> you're playing in VR, you REALLY get a good feel for how cramped
>> everything was. And I still have much to add in the way of panels,
>> boxes and other protrusions into the astronaut's personal space.
>>
> Great work, it's coming along nicely!  You might want to dub in the
> audio though. ;)
>
> g.

So I actually record the video on my phone (obviously) but the audio
with my laptop during play, and combine the two. I think next time what
I'm going to try is record the video, transfer to my computer, and then
record the audio with my phone as well during playback of the video,
then combine. I figure my phone probably has a better mic than my laptop.

Brian