[simpits-tech] Thrustmaster HOTAS question

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Tue Jan 2 13:49:20 PST 2018

On Tue, 2 Jan 2018, MARK COLLINS wrote:

> Thanks Gene,
> The instructions on the MMJOY site covered the Micro, Pro Micro and Leonardo.  I also referenced yours just as a backup.

Ah, ok.

> So you're thinking because my board is a knock off the Firmware load process may be different?  I'll look into that.

Your board isn't a knock-off of a Pro Micro, it's not a Pro Micro at all.
Totally different pin count and board layout.

> As for the real Pro Micro...I was told that stuff coming from China is
> taking a REALLY long time to arrive here in the US from China.  I can
> see if they have similar on Amazon.

The trick is to look for auctions by sellers that ship from the US.  Those
arrive quickly.

> Why would I need the other board that you linked to if I already have
> either an Arduino Micro or Pro Micro.  I don't understand the function
> of the 2nd board.  Do you just solder the Pro Micro into place on the
> 2nd board?

Check out this write up I did about the whole thing a couple of years ago:
http://www.simpits.org/geneb/?p=392#more-392

It shows the boards "in context".  The photo with the assembled boards can
be clicked on and then zoomed in for the full size image.

> I'm sorry but I'm less than a novice when it comes to electronics.  Is
> there some type of tutorial that covers using all three boards?

It's no problem at all. Everyone has to start somewhere. ;)

For this project the only direct experience I have is with the Pro Micro.
Sorry!