[simpits-tech] Been a while

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Mon Jun 27 18:42:13 PDT 2016

Congrats on the job, sounds very cool. :) I for one would love more
info on visual systems, even the old stuff (more portable than the
big Mylar systems, as awesome as they are). I'd like to experiment with
the older-style beamsplitter system (like the early VITAL series from
FlightSafety), but some of the parts seem hard to come by, unless
someone is scrapping or upgrading an old sim.

You guys do anything with calligraphic systems?

I've been plenty busy with sim stuff, just haven't been posting much
anywhere. I just finished a major shelving and reorganization effort in
my garage/shop. I've paused the Sabreliner for a bit while I rebuild my
old sim so I'll have something nice to fly for now (right now, I don't
even have a place to put the Sabreliner on its trailer and build the
instructor room and visual system). Also been working on another
altimeter conversion, which is going very well.

You're in TX, you gotta check out CockpiftFest!

http://cockpitfestusa.org/

They have a Mig-21 (static), two CJ6 Chinese trainers (flying...well,
one was getting an engine rebuild last year), some L-29s (ranging from
flyable to disassembled), a Huey (static), some Mi-8 utility/trainer
helis (flying), a few other odds and ends, and TWO Mi-24 Hind
helis...both FLYING! It's what all the cool kids are doing. :)

Matt

--
Matt Bailey

Keeping It Real: