[simpits-tech] Indicator question...synchro instrument?

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Sun Mar 15 23:06:16 PDT 2015

Wondering if anyone has run into an instrument like this before,
and/or if anyone has an idea on how to drive it. The Sabreliner has a
row of tiny 1-1/4" indicators for oil pressure and hydraulic pressure,
see the lower-right corner of this pic (right below the radar):

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=227599

The gauge is made by Bendix, and is labeled "autosyn", which, as I
understand it, is just a Bendix'ish name for a synchro-type device.
It's labeled for 26vAC at 400hz. The back connector consists of 6 pins,
one of which seems to not be connected to anything (I am guessing this
is for lighting and my light bulb is burnt out inside). I'm used to
seeing 5 pins on a control-transmitter synchro: 2 for the rotor, 3 for
the stator windings. But it appears every pin is connected to every
other pin in some way! This doesn't make sense. I would expect to have
2 linked to only each other (rotor) and 3 linked to each other
separately (stator).

I realize there are other types of synchros besides the CX type I am
familiar with, but I don't know of any that would not have precisely two
sets of pins that are completely separate from each other. Thoughts?

--
Matt Bailey

Keeping It Real:
Sabreliner 60 Flight Simulator