[simpits-tech] Big simpits maintenance coming up....

Kenneth Drycksback kennyd at mac.com
Thu Aug 20 09:04:03 PDT 2015

Keep up the good work!

I’m a long time lurker as they say. My flight sim dream goes back to the 80’s sometime when I had my first computer, a ZX Spectrum and I had this super simple flight sim on it. Simple as in top half of the screen was blue and bottom half was green and not a lot else :)  There were probably a couple instruments too but I don’t remember. Later on I had Falcon on the Amiga. Anyway, my dream has always been to make my own flight simulator, including the software. So these days I have my own developed F-16 sim I work on from time to time. It’s still nowhere near done but it is flyable at least. I have developed both the flight model and the control system based on available data and documents. Searching for relatively modern diagrams on the flight control system was an interesting task and I’m very happy with what I have so far.

The long term dream is to one day build a pit for it also and all the electronics that goes in it. Well, that’s the dream anyway,

Ken