[simpits-tech] AC dimmers and transformers

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Sun Oct 26 23:02:45 PDT 2014

Question: What sort of dimmer device is typically used in old business
jets? Just a standard triac? I'm trying to figure out exactly what is
in my Sabreliner.

Second question: how tolerant are typical aircraft AC transformers and
power regulators to variations in frequency? For instance, I have
115v/400hz coming off my inverter, but it breaks down to 5v AC for
lighting (and 26v AC for other stuff). I'm wondering how critical it is
to maintain the 400hz frequency.

--
Matt Bailey

Keeping It Real: