[simpits-tech] cool mock up / sim

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Wed May 14 22:37:49 PDT 2014

On Tue, 13 May 2014 20:43:49 -0500
Cris Harrison <phoenixcomm at gmail.com> wrote:

> http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/02/world-trembles-in-confusion-andor-fear-at-irans-fiberglass-airplane/
>
> great fun....
>
> Cris H

LOL, this is great. :) Nice to see they fixed up the local school gym
for the big roll-out. :P And apparently this plane does not exceed
200KTS...or if it does, the pilot has no need to know what speed he's
at if above 200.

At careful glance, it also appears they didn't really try to work out
the main gear doors...they don't seem to even be close to the shape of
the gear well openings.

Let's see....low-center annunicator panel from the original Star Trek
series: check!

Surplus PS Engineering audio/marker beacon panel: check!

20,000ft altimeter from ebay: check!

Bizarrely angled intakes, to increase engine efficiency during
slips...?? Check!

Lack of necessary nose strut fork support (to lower radar signature
with gear deployed, of course!)....check!

"Remove before flight" bits plugging up every conceivable orifice on
the airframe so that we don't have to bother making a fake engine too:
check!

And..wait..that high-tech airframe skin...is that Monokote?

And finally, the BIG ONE that everyone is missing: EVERY SINGLE PIECE
OF TEXT IS IN ENGLISH, for the benefit of the West!

You know, if this were being billed as a new ultralight/homebuilt kit,
it would be really sweet.

I wonder if they will still need that 1970s bizjet standby attitude
indicator once the laughter dies down....I need it for the
Sabreliner. :P

Ah, the jokes are endless!

--
Matt Bailey