[simpits-tech] Removing stuck aircraft screws...

David C. Allen david at allen1.net
Mon May 12 07:20:58 PDT 2014

At 06:08 AM 5/12/2014 -0700, you wrote:

> >> Any ideas? I don't know what to do.
> >>

>Matt, there's a gadget out there that is essentially a philips screwdriver
>that you smack with a mallet.  Each strike only turns the screw a small
>amount.  I wish I could remember the name of the stupid thing...anybody?
>
>g.

My Craftsman version of the tool (P/N 9 47634) "6-Piece Hand Impact Tool Set"

"loosens rusted or corroded screws in seconds"

And they even say "it's cordless" no air or electricity required

So my guess they call it a "HAND IMPACT TOOL"

I don't use it any more since the battery powered version came out
they call it a DEWALT 18-Volt Cordless 1/4 in. Impact Driver.

David
www.737FlightSim.com