[simpits-tech] Removing stuck aircraft screws...

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Sun May 11 17:35:16 PDT 2014

On Sun, 11 May 2014 18:41:53 -0500
Cris Harrison <phoenixcomm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/11/2014 03:33 PM, Matt Bailey wrote:
> > On Sun, 11 May 2014 12:47:00 -0500
> > Cris Harrison <phoenixcomm at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Dont get too ambush with the hammer..
> >> oh, btw if you are removing windshield plexy, WD can fog it so be
> >> very careful, better yet try it on a piece of scrap stuff...
> >>
> >> Cris H
> > BTW windshield plexy can fog but worse yet it will CRAZE and this
> > is bad.. so check yor chem on a small pice maybe 1x1 sq "...  slow
> > and setedy wins the race.. thy are a BITCH tp remove...I did a Lear
> > a few years
> > ago.. :((  http://www.phoenixcomm.net/~phnx2000/sim/lear.shtml  see
> > all the nice screws..LOL
> Cris H.

Yikes, that's even more screws than the Sabreliner. :) I've seen that
pit online before, you were involved in the acquisition? I assume the
windshield was removed to be sold? I was crushed when I saw that the
motionsimulator folks (presumably) had gutted the pit. Granted, filling
out the rest of the cocpkit would probably have been prohibitively
expensive, but things like the side consoles and glareshield could have
been fabricated.

Before I got the Sabreliner, I was looking for a Lear. Now I'm glad to
have the Sabreliner for its extra space and added control
panels/systems etc, but someday I wouldn't mind doing a Lear pit. Maybe
everyone in the US will scrap out their 20-series birds after these
Stage 3 noise requirements go into effect.... ;)

--
Matt Bailey

Keeping It Real:
Sabreliner 60 Flight Simulator