[simpits-tech] Removing stuck aircraft screws...

David C. Allen david at allen1.net
Sat May 10 20:55:43 PDT 2014

Matt
Sounds like she is a Keeper! Lube is your friend. :-)

You need to take a sample of the screws with you when you buy the
Apex Anti-Camout Ribs bits.

They come in different sizes like #2, #3, #4 Phillips, then there is
a Pozidrive Phillips

Google Pozidrive to see the marking on the head.

My guess if you can get lube to the back side fasteners the impact
won't be needed, but it sure will make the job go faster. You don't
have to go full throttle with the impact. Another nice thing about
the impact is the bit stays in the screw head better because it is a
pulse of torque, then it relaxes and allows you to force the bit to
bottom in the screw head.

David
www.737FlightSim.com