[simpits-tech] Sabreliner mach warning test

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Tue Mar 18 22:50:17 PDT 2014

Found out the mach warning is still intact and getting power:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dIN_pb9oq8

Am I correct in assuming this is a properly-functioning "clacker" type
warning, or is it supposed to be a bell or something? The only real
speed-related warning I've heard was on a Learjet 35 sim......it was a
long, high-pitched tone that slowly increased in pitch (it may have
been an airspeed warning and not a mach warning).

I've heard sounds in X-Plane that are similar to the Sabreliner, but I
always assumed they were supposed to be replicating the sound a stick
shaker would make.

It's definitely loud...I thought something was badly wrong when I first
got it to kick on. :P

--
Matt Bailey

Keeping It Real: