[simpits-tech] Oxy mask

Geoffrey Breuder gbreuder at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 07:16:35 PDT 2014

Hi Ben,

Have you tried flighthelmet.com?

I'm in AU also and have done business with them before.  They were very good.

http://www.flighthelmet.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=FHL&Category_Code=OXYM

Keep in mind retired military gear generally has to go through an ITAR export license application via the DDTC at the US State Department.  And depending what it is, you may need clearance from Australian customs as well.

If the seller does not have an export license with the DDTC - they would have to apply for one (at around $2,500 last I checked).  And if they ignore getting a license and get caught, they could face tens of thousands in fines or face jail time.  Make sure they are aware of this as many people are not.

So unless the seller exports firearms and military grade equipment overseas regularly, they probably won't have a license because there is little incentive.

There could be two alternatives though.  One is if the seller is willing to apply for a one time license fee exemption, but they may not be willing to do this.

The other may be hiring a firearms exporter to take delivery of the goods, file for export clearance, and then ship the goods to you.  That can cost several hundred as well.

So if you go that route and are planning on purchasing a few other items like this, it might be good to do it all in the one hit to minimize fees.

The MBU-12 mask may not fall under ITAR regulations.If it does, and you can find a MBU-12 mask in Australia, it may actually work out cheaper and less hassle than getting one from the US once you factor all that in.  Hope that helps.

Regards,

Geoff