[simpits-tech] Another ebay cockpit project...

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Sun Jul 13 19:09:36 PDT 2014

> Wow, got the complete fuselage...well, the main structure anyway. One
> of these days I would love to build a heli sim. Too bad that one is
> stripped to the bone...that's a lot of glass to replace. Is he going to
> try to source real 206 parts? I always thought the 206 would be a cool
> heli to simulate. A Eurocopter would be nice as well. I only personally
> know of one heli sim currently being actively developed, that's Cody's
> Cobra, which is shaping up to be pretty awesome.

The repair work will start in September.  There's a couple of cars in the
queue ahead of it. :)  My neighbor is really looking forward to working on
it.  None of the glass will be replaced and the doors will likely be
fabbed from scratch.  I did some checking and just a single used plastic
interior door skin for a 206 was $450!

The flight controls are going to come from a guy in Canada that's built a
206 simulator.  It'll be a bolt-in replacement.  The only thing I'll have
to fab for him is the instrument panel resized to use a monitor.  It'll be
fun project I suspect.  If you go to mikesflightdeck.com and go to the
"simpit links" link and then search for "Bell", click on the first link -
it'll take you to the site I'm talking about.  It's a very nice project
with a motion base.