[simpits-tech] The Sabreliner awakens!

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Sat Jan 18 07:50:26 PST 2014

On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 09:42:21 -0600
Cris Harrison <phoenixcomm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01/15/2014 08:11 PM, Matt Bailey wrote:

> >> Cris
> > Two car batteries.....the noise you hear *is* the inverter!
> OH MY G-d!!!
> by any chance is it a motor-generator????

Yep! :) There is another gigantenormous monstrocity of an inverter just
ahead of it...."750va" (750 amps, I assume). It is in addition to
inverter #1 and #2 (I don't have the latter), but there are no specific
controls for it in the cockpit. I assume it's for critical
higher-current stuff. Once I find the RIGHT power lead going into the
cockpit, I will have power to both inverters.....will be interesting to
see what (if anything) it powers.

Matt