[simpits-tech] The Sabreliner awakens!

Contrapezist contrapezist at sportogs.com
Wed Jan 15 20:02:53 PST 2014

From: simpits-tech-bounces at simpits.org
[mailto:simpits-tech-bounces at simpits.org] On Behalf Of Cris Harrison
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:01 PM
To: Simulator Cockpit Builder's List
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] The Sabreliner awakens!

On 01/14/2014 07:32 PM, geneb wrote:

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014, Contrapezist wrote:

That ain't no joke, I'm working with collins proline right now for a project
(real flying machine) into the racks and connectors for almost as much as
the avionics. As for those ARINC 600 connectors some of them are 500-1000
per section 2000 on up for a complete connector. The older ARINC 404/DPX*
connectors are a bit more plentiful in surplus if you already have the racks
your halfway there just need to mate them up. I have a number of ARINC 404
and bayonet connectors around the shop need to put an inventory together of
whats surplus and do some trading one of these days.

If you can get the connector specifications and find a source for the
right size pins, there's no reason you can't 3D print the connector for
non-avionics uses.

g.

well here you go...
https://www.amphenolcanada.com/ProductSearch/pdf/A_BRO.pdf
http://www.souriau.com/fileadmin/Souriau/product_pdf/Arinc-600-Series.pdf
http://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20Sheets/Tyco%20Electonics%20AMP%20PDFs/Ra
ck%20and%20Panel%20Connectors.pdf

I would like to see an cheeper version of this dam connector.

Cris H.

I'm sure about everyone would. Issuing authority does funny things to the
prices. A 15$ connector becomes a 150$ connector once an 8130 is issued. The
2$ connector will suffice for most sim applications. Fortunately a lot of
the bayonet connectors have industrial/commercial uses and there's a cheaper
version available usually, not so for the AIRINC stuff its got one customer
and they're more than willing to pay through the nose for it. I got involved
in someones science project awhile back that involved high magnetic fields,
low temperatures and vacuums. ever seen a 700$ D-sub?

Austin