[simpits-tech] The Sabreliner awakens!

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Tue Jan 14 18:03:53 PST 2014

On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 08:51:41 -0600
Cris Harrison <phoenixcomm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wanted to use "junk boxes on the ARINC racks myself and you can
> score them on ebay most of the time... but those dam ARINC connectors
> are not cheep.. some of my round Bendix connectors for my radios are
> 40 bucks or more. But that ARINC 600 connector is 500 - 800 bucks
> just for the dam connector with out the pins  and they are sub 5
> bucks each.. So I hope you have DEEP POCKETS....

Well, keep in mind that the original avionics racks and connectors are
all still here...aside from the avionics boxes themselves, I already
have EVERYTHING. :) There are a few round Canon connectors as part of
the harness going to the nose, but most of the old avionics were
slide-in style that used what appears to be a fairly standard
connection (looks kinda like two giant Ds back to back, rotated on their
side). So far, everything I have collected looks as though it will just
slide right into my existing rack/connector assembly. It will be nice
to have most (or all) of my interface connections through the original
wiring harness.

> Cris H.
> BTW photos where kick ass...

Thanks. :) I took a video also, got that uploaded last night...you can
hear the merciless roar of the #1 inverter. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVh3Zr-PS0U

Matt