[simpits-tech] The Sabreliner awakens!

Contrapezist contrapezist at sportogs.com
Tue Jan 14 17:11:59 PST 2014

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cris Harrison" <phoenixcomm at gmail.com>
To: "Simulator Cockpit Builder's List" <simpits-tech at simpits.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:51 AM
Subject: Re: [simpits-tech] The Sabreliner awakens!

> I wanted to use "junk boxes on the ARINC racks myself and you can score
> them on ebay most of the time... but those dam ARINC connectors are not
> cheep.. some of my round Bendix connectors for my radios are 40 bucks or
> more. But that ARINC 600 connector is 500 - 800 bucks just for the dam
> connector with out the pins  and they are sub 5 bucks each..
> So I hope you have DEEP POCKETS....
>
> Cris H.
> BTW photos where kick ass...

That ain't no joke, I'm working with collins proline right now for a project
(real flying machine) into the racks and connectors for almost as much as
the avionics. As for those ARINC 600 connectors some of them are 500-1000
per section 2000 on up for a complete connector. The older ARINC 404/DPX*
connectors are a bit more plentiful in surplus if you already have the racks
your halfway there just need to mate them up. I have a number of ARINC 404
and bayonet connectors around the shop need to put an inventory together of
whats surplus and do some trading one of these days.

Austin