[simpits-tech] VSI

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Mon Dec 15 00:52:28 PST 2014

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 11:22:10 -0600
Cris Harrison <phoenixcomm at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok here I am again...
> and I just did a tear down of a Boeing VSI (static)
> http://www.element14.com/community/people/phoenixcomm/blog/2014/12/14/nexgen-flight-simulator-hacking-a-vsi-vertical-speed-indicator
>
> I am going to use a computer to drive it..
>
> enjoy
> ~~~Cris H
> above page.  Thanks!

Cool little VSI. :) Did you really have to use a knife on the glass bits
though? On all the instruments I've seen, there's no need to separate
the glass even from the front face. The whole front just pops off, all
that remains connecting it to the instrument are two wires for power to
the backlighting.

I'm curious to see what servo you use, I have trouble finding many that
go over about 250 degrees or so. Keep us posted!

--
Matt Bailey

Keeping It Real:
Sabreliner 60 Flight Simulator