[simpits-tech] GAAAAAAH!

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Sat Aug 23 07:18:43 PDT 2014

> dammit, when is this thing going to be a product? is DK2 closer to
> crystal cove, or is it the first version with more 'stuff'?

I don't know what crystal cove is, but the DK2 has a 1080p OLED panel
(It's the same exact panel that I have in my Samsung Note 3, *including*
the front glass with the Samsung logo on it.  Head over to ifixit.com for
their teardown).  I don't know what changes they're planning for the CV1,
but this thing is pretty good.  I've been told that the DK2 experience
with DCS is jaw dropping.  Unfortunately, I've got an AMD video card in my
main machine and the "work around" to get the existing DK1 support in DCS
to work is problematic.  I'm hoping that Eagle Dynamics is going to be
kind to us and drop a beta build that uses the DK2 SDK.

> anyway, do yourself a favor and download: (free trial)
>
> http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/index.php
>
> if you're into virtual reality & real-world simulation, you _just
> might_ really enjoy this.

I'll check that out, thanks!