[simpits-tech] Updates!

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Wed Aug 20 07:45:43 PDT 2014

On Wed, 20 Aug 2014, Roy Coates wrote:

> I only just read this....  yeah, been busy.  Life takes far too much time
> these days.
>
> Really nice find there gene, looks great - as always.
>
> I'd really like to see a video of the F-15 flying before I fall off my
> perch though, so you'd best crack on!

It's getting there.  The work I'd planned this summer has suffered from a
pile of delays, but I was finally able to get the lighting panel finished
off Saturday.  Wayne stopped by and was a huge help.  (Thanks Wayne!)

The next thing is the engine start panel.  The panel itself is diagrammed
out, all i need to do is wire up the connectors and add their harnesses to
the main 125 pin cannon plug for that side console.

The right side console wiring harness is nearly done - or as done as I can
get it with the panels I have now.  I still need to build a CMD panel
(controls the flare & chaff programs), but I've been unable to get a photo
of one so I'm a bit reluctant to start on that one.  The navigation panel
is going to be a stand-alone device, so I don't need to add it to the main
wiring harness.  It'll be connected via USB.

When I start on the left side, the four throttle connectors will be the
first to be done - I'll get the throttle re-installed and that'll make it
"flyable".  I've got an Oculus Rift DK2 arriving tomorrow, so eventually
I'll be able to fly the DCS F-15C from a "real" F-15C. :D

Still no ETA on when the castAR is going to arrive. :(