[simpits-tech] Need a power supply...

geneb geneb at deltasoft.com
Sun Apr 6 14:12:49 PDT 2014

On Sat, 5 Apr 2014, Matt Bailey wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 08:47:04 -0700 (PDT)
> geneb <geneb at deltasoft.com> wrote:
>
>> I need to get my hands on a 115v 400HZ, single phase power supply for
>> the ADI in the F-15.  Anyone here have one for sale?
>>
>> Matt, what system are you using for driving synchros right now?  The
>> ADI has four synchro inputs on it.  I'm wondering if it wouldn't be
>> easier to get four synchro transmitters(?) and drive them with
>> stepper motors...
>
> Not sure which Matt you are addressing, but I have been playing with
> synchros, so I will chime in. :)

Yep, right Matt. :)

Because the F-15 ADI & HSI are essentially irreplaceable, I'm going to
give them *precisely* what the specs say they need.

I can drive a stepper motor using 16th steps using Pololu stepper drivers
- many 3D printer use these in that configuration.  All I need is a tiny
"home" position indicator for each and I'm set. :)

Somewhere in the shop I may have a dynamotor.  I'll see if I can't find
that sucker. :)

tnx!