[simpits-tech] Need a power supply...

Cris Harrison phoenixcomm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 18:03:33 PDT 2014

On 04/04/2014 05:05 PM, David C. Allen wrote:
> At 01:42 PM 4/4/2014 -0700, you wrote:

>> supply for the

>>> Yes the output is single or 3 phase at 400Hz

>>> Lots of single phase input VFD's
>>>
>> Again, the *output* has to be single phase. OUT-PUT. :)
> I know Single Phase input VFD with a single phase OUT-PUT are not
> rare, just more $$$ They use them in the HVAC industry for blower
> motor speed controllers.
>
> If you use 3 phase output just connect THREE 110vac to 28vac
> transformers to the OUT-PUT and you are done. Now you have 3 single
> phase outputs! ! ! !  Looking for a fish, where are they when you need one.!!!
>
> David
> www.737FlightSim.com

I may as well chime in for my 2 cents worth....
Ok
1. David 400 hz does not play well with power transformers.... LOTS OF NOISE
2. KISS:
build 400 Hz oscillator (not hard to do) you can use what ever but the
catch..
if you use transistors you will not get the current you need or the
voltage...
(hint: They Glow) yep.. class A or whatever tube amp.. and audio
transformers..
OR
3. get car alternator, pull out the diodes and spin it.... ( you need a
small 400 Hz source)
  http://www.element14.com/community/people/phoenixcomm/blog/2013/04/29/nexgen-flight-simulator-understanding-syncrhos
Cris H.