[simpits-tech] Need a power supply...

David C. Allen david at allen1.net
Fri Apr 4 17:50:35 PDT 2014

At 05:07 PM 4/4/2014 -0700, you wrote:
>On Fri, 4 Apr 2014, David C. Allen wrote:
>
> >> Again, the *output* has to be single phase. OUT-PUT. :)
> >
> > I know Single Phase input VFD with a single phase OUT-PUT are not
> > rare, just more $$$ They use them in the HVAC industry for blower
> > motor speed controllers.
> >
> > If you use 3 phase output just connect THREE 110vac to 28vac
> > transformers to the OUT-PUT and you are done. Now you have 3 single
> > phase outputs! ! ! !  Looking for a fish, where are they when you
> need one.!!!
> >
>Two people separated by a common language. :)

Now you are thinking outside the box!

>I don't need 28vac though, only 110/115. :)

OK, use a 110vac to 110vac isolation transformer.

>So you're saying that using a single leg + neutral from a 3 phase VFD
>would work?

You would want to load all three phases because they were designed to
run a motor

But it would be best to talk to a VFD vendors tech support.

I have a VFD004S21A VFD that I can send you if you want to play
around with one.

220 single phase in and 3 phase 220vac out.

I don't have a 110 volt version.