[simpits-tech] castAR test footage.

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Fri Sep 27 16:11:21 PDT 2013

Most of these sorts of projects do require a custom video driver of
some sort. So yes, if you are up to rolling your own driver, and are
handy with Direct3D and/OpenGL, it could be done. That's a LOT of work,
though.

X-Plane would be unique in this regard because we have good access to
its OpenGL loop. You could probably make X-Plane work with no more than
a plugin. Syncing the "blanks" of either screen/lens with the software
would be the tricky part, the rest is just moving the OpenGL viewpoint
(more or less). Access to this part of X-Plane is pretty good with the
API...I have inadvertently sent the entire clouds/skybox tumbling
before. :)

Matt