[simpits-tech] New panels...FINALLY!

Cris Harrison phoenixcomm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 11:12:32 PDT 2013

On 9/23/2013 4:33 PM, geneb wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Sep 2013, Roy Coates wrote:
>
>> Freakin' awesome as always, gene.
>>
>> Can you walk us through the process?
>>
> It's fairly simple.
>
> 1. Draw artwork for front
> 2. Draw outline for machining the back of the panel.
> 3. Machine pocket out of the back for lamps (LEDs)
> 4. Shoot three coats of FS flat white
> 5. Shoot three coats of FS flat black
> 6. Cut out alignment jig on the laser using 1/8" light ply
> 7. Verify letter engraving on the scrap from 6.
> 8. Mask & engrave lettering
> 9. Paint 1 or 2 coats of FS flat white or FS Insignia Yellow.
> 10. Remove paint mask.
> 11. ?
> 12. Profit!
>
> *laughs*
>
> g.

G.. I cant say anything more really great.. but two questions?
1. what is the status of using the bi-color plex that is used in real panels
2. can you do custom work and how much will it cost?

Cris H.
BTW I have move my blog site to this group ... check it out..
http://www.element14.com/community/people/phoenixcomm