[simpits-tech] Matt's Sabreliner arrives!

Matt Bailey dabigboy at cox.net
Sun Oct 6 21:57:29 PDT 2013

Thanks for taking and posting this, Justin! GREAT job on capturing the
process!

I gave my dad a Skype tour of the cockpit tonight. He was most
impressed! He also cleared up a couple of functionality
questions....those compass panels on either side of the panel we were
looking at last night are for disengaging the HSIs from the flux rigs
in the wingtips. Normally these devices automatically keep the compass
on the HSIs calibrated, but you can flip that guarded switch to
manually move the compass, like correcting the directional gyro on a
small plane.

And it appears the thrust reverse switch does not have an "armed"
positioned, just on and off (off being the guarded/normal position). So
you actually have to flip a switch guard and turn "on" the reversers
for landing. The third position is emergency stow, which
(hopefully) closes the reverser clamshells in case one of them
malfunctions and pops out in flight.

All this stuff shall be simulated. :)

Matt