[simpits-tech] flightsim.com forum...

raysot at comcast.net raysot at comcast.net
Tue Oct 1 14:48:38 PDT 2013

If you ask me, a bunch of luddite trolls whose fascination with flight simming has long died out and they are only hanging on because they can't face the reality that it's no longer fun for them.

I have to admit, the older I get, the less enthused I am about simming but moving to a smaller, regional type sim really re-ignited what little passion I had left after cutting my teeth on the EPIC hardware for about 10 years, then beta testing a myriad of hardware solutions, only to see those same companies go belly up over the years.

My passion waned even further this year after finally admitting that the basement needed to be waterproofed, having experienced water in the basement every year for the past 5 years was enough. As the contractors and diggers came in, the sim had to go out. It is now sitting in pieces in a porta-pod outside on the street with no hope of spooling up again until March 2014.

I used to go out to airports a lot, time permitting, just to watch, take pictures, talk to folks in various hangars... Not so much anymore. Maybe I am *too* busy...

...and I ain't getting any younger.